Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hotel Rewards Points: What to do?

   


Are you a frequent traveler? Does your company pay for your hotel stays, but you are racking up points for your stays under your membership reward with each hotel chain? I recently had a guest at the hotel where I work full time who was lamenting to me that he was not sure what he was going to do with all the points he had in his membership accounts because he was in this situation. His company pays for his stays at hotels for work throughout the year and he and his wife own a vacation property, so he was not sure what he would use those points on. This was not a new quandry to me, as I get great deals on hotel stays through my employee program, yet I still earn points that I can use too. So I recommended he do what I do and cash those points in on gift cards. Especially with the holidays right around the corner, those always come in handy. He took my advice to heart and cashed the points in. He was happily surprised to find that he had earned $450 worth of gift cards from Choice Privileges, the rewards program for Choice Hotels International and over $300 from the La Quinta program.


These programs usually take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to get those gift cards to you, so if you have points waiting to be cashed in, don't wait too long if you want them for the holiday season.


Not a member of these programs yet? If you travel, it is worth your while to earn while you sleep. Visit one of the websites listed below for more information or to sign up now or redeem those already earned points.


Choice Privileges

Hilton Honors

La Quinta Returns

IHG Rewards (Holiday Inn Express)


No comments:

Post a Comment