According to Wal Mart's CEO, Black Friday is their "superbowl" and they intend to win. So they have rolled out some big announcements to go along with that. They have two programs going now which will help them in their quest to reign supreme for holiday shopping.
The first is the Christmas Ad Match program. If you purchase an item at Wal Mart between November 1st and December 24th and then find it cheaper in a competitor's print ad, they will give you the difference back in a gift card. You can learn more about this program on their Wal Mart Christmas Ad Match page.
The second program to help them win this "game" is their Black Friday Ad Match. Starting November 22, Wal Mart will be rolling back tons of prices on top items to match Black Friday prices of their competitors like Target and Toys R Us, among others.
Some examples of the pre-Black Friday sale prices, which will be available online and in store starting Friday, while supplies last, include:
- LeapPad 2 – WAS: $79, NEW PRICE: $39.99
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – WAS: $49.87, NEW PRICE: $34.99
- Nerf Rebelle Crossbow – WAS: $19.88, NEW PRICE: $11.99
- Monopoly Board Game – WAS: $7.77, NEW PRICE: $5
- Hot Wheels Single Car – WAS: .97 cents, NEW PRICE: .60 cents
- LG 50-inch HDTV – WAS: $598, NEW PRICE: $448
- Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs – WAS: $74.96, NEW PRICE: $37
- Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49
Looks like Wal Mart is really turning up their game and us shoppers could end up being the biggest winners.