Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not supermom!

Ok, so over the last couple of days, I have come to realize something important. No matter how hard I try, I will never be SuperMom. There will be days that my children will get to bed late, or the floor will not get vaccuumed or the weeds may sit a week longer in the flower bed or all of the holiday decorations for any given holiday may not get out before that holiday is over. And although the type A- personality I try to ignore when these things do not get accomplished can sometimes make me stress over these very issues, I have had to make myself take a step back and realize that it will all still be ok. Children are resilient and bounce back from things pretty quickly, any dirt left on the carpet at the end of the day will not attack us while we sleep and hopefully my children will have fond memories of the holidays when we did actually manage to get all of the decorations up in time to appreciate them (yes, I purposely left the flower beds out of the forgiving of myself because I do worry that the weeds are going to choke the life out of my flowers). The nice thing is I know I am not alone in this. All of the mothers I know only want to do the best for their families. And all of the mothers I know strive for that SuperMom status. But I also know somewhere inside, these mothers know that they, like myself, will get a new chance to tackle that SuperMom ideal tomorrow, and whether we reach it or not, we will still be doing the very best that we can for our families and things will still be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment