Friday, April 29, 2011

Crazy Weather

Ok, so we thought having a tornado watch in our area two weekends ago was scary enough, but early Thursday morning we not only had a watch, it was a warning in our area and sure enough we had one touch down and leave its path of destruction in our area. Now I will say that compared to all of the wreckage this storm system left in Alabama, we in the Shenandoah Valley (Shenandoah County to be exact) in Virginia were very lucky. I believe last report was that about 12 homes were damaged and 5 people injured, but again we were very lucky. We were under a local state of emergency yesterday, and without power for 19 hours, but it could have been much worse. I spent yesterday morning giving thanks to God that my family was all safe and the worst thing we had to deal with was the inconvenience of not having power for almost one whole day. That would be why I did not list a Coupon of the Day yesterday. We were not able to visit the web until late last night. And that is not a complaint believe me, because I would go for days on end without power, as long as my loved ones are safe and well. I will tell you this storm made us painfully aware of how unprepared we truly were for this emergency, but it has opened our eyes and made us work on getting prepared in case, heaven forbid, we go through something like this again. The Krazy Coupon Lady shared a while back how she was preparing emergency kits for everyone in her family, and I will do that as well as we work on becoming more prepared. Again, I give thanks to God for the safety of my family, and say that it is good to be back. Hope everyone else out there who was affected by this storms is waking up to a brighter day this morning as well. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment