Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Loss of a Family Member

The start of the new year also brought the loss of a very dear member of our family. Our family pets are members of our family, so their loss is felt just as greatly as if it had been a human member of the family. When we returned home on Sunday afternoon, my daughter discovered that her guinea pig had died. Unfortunately, this was not just from old age, but I will not go into detail as I do not want to upset my daughter any further should she read this post, I will only say that my mother's dog, who we had been caring for managed to tear down the baby gate and gain access to the bedrooms. This was a very traumatic discovery for all of us, one that will take us some time to recover from, but recover we will all the same. My daughter had Snowflak (and yes a then 8 year old little girl when she got the guinea pig said she purposely left the e off the end of the name) for four years and considered this little critter one of her best friends. Snowflak will be missed terribly by our family, and we can only hope that she has peace now in heaven, and as my daughter likes to say that she is now with her little sister. I tell her that they are smiling down at her because they both love her very much. RIP Snowflak, we love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment