Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library

                                      

Although this program was started in 1996 in Tennessee, and made available to other parts of the United States and select other countries in 2000, I just recently learned about it myself. This is a program for children birth through age 5 to receive free books. My children are too old for the program now, but we will be enrolling my 3 year old niece in it this week and are super excited about it. I am one of those moms that was reading to my children in the womb, and reading has been an important part of my children's lives and am hoping it will be the same for my niece. Each month in this program she will receive a free book, and we can build her a library of her own.

For more information and to see if your state has a participating program, visit Imagination Library's web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment