Saturday, May 7, 2011

Swagbucks Tornado Relief



Just one more reason for me to LOVE Swagbucks! Now not only can I earn gift cards to help me pay for Christmas, I can use my swagbucks earnings to help give back, which I also LOVE to do when I am able. Last month, swagbucks hosted a fundraiser for Japan in the aftermath of the earthquakes that devastated the country. Now they have decided to continue with the spirit of giving.

From the swagbucks blog:

After our Japan fund comes to an end, we are opening the Tornado Relief Fund, turning our attentions a bit closer to home.  During the 24-hour period from 8 am April 27 to 8 am April 28, The National Weather Service estimates there were a total of 266 tornadoes causing over 340 deaths and countless miles of destruction in the Southern US.  One of the hardest hit areas was Tuscaloosa, AL. Estimates indicated that the tornado that hit Tuscaloosa could have been on the ground for 176 miles, with winds between 167 and 200 mph.
We are now reaching out to you in the hopes that you’ll consider donating your Swag Bucks to help those affected.  We have chosen to support the United Way of Western Alabama who have committed 100% of donations to go directly to local tornado relief.  Start donating today at 12pm PDT with as little as 5 Swag Bucks – every buck counts!  The deadline for donations is Tuesday May 31st at 12:00pm PDT.
Thank You.
~TSGal

This is a great fundraiser close to my heart, as we are in one of the areas of Virginia that was affected by these tornadoes. We are counting our blessings everyday that the only real lose in our area was property with only minor injuries suffered by residents. I certainly hope this fundraiser goes well.

Go to swagbucks.com to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment